I just celebrated a milestone birthday. Now, that I have reached the half century mark, the inevitability of menopause is here. Yet, while young girls starting menses, have a ton of information at their disposal, those of us looking at the end of menses are met with questions and mystery.
- How do I know when I’ve started menopause?
- How long does menopause last?
- Is there more to it than hot flashes and mood swings?
- How will it affect my skin and hair?
- What about my sleep?
- Will I still want sex? Will it be painful?
- Is hormone therapy beneficial or should it be avoided?
These are all valid questions. More importantly, these are questions that many women are asking every day. If a woman lives long enough, she’ll go through menopause. So, why is it so hard to find answers?
I still don’t know why it is so hard to find the answers. What I do know is that Clarissa Hughes (http://www.alittlebreathingspace.com) has answers to the questions that all of us women of a certain age need to know.
Since perimenopause (another mysterious term) often starts in the late 30s or early 40s, even more women need this information.
Listen to All about Menopause
Got iTunes? Visit the Fun. Feisty. Fabulous channel